I know what you're thinking. "How on earth could she do anything with this monstrosity of a dress?" Well, I was thinking the same thing when I started. I really wasn't sure where I was going. This dress was completely out of control. I'm actually a little embarrassed to show you this picture as it's completely unbecoming.
I began by removing the should pads. That was a no-brainer.
|Look at the size of that thing!|
Then I quickly realized the top portion of the dress had entirely too much going on. By the time I was done removing things, I had almost completely disassembled the dress. These are the extra parts.
I got rid of the shoulder pads, THE SHOULDERS, the sleeves, the collar, and 8 inches off the bottom. The entire project took me a week because (a) I was busy, and (b) the dress overwhelmed me. Today I finished the final stitching and I'm feeling pretty good about it.
|Hooray for pockets!|
Even though I only paid $0.59 for the dress, it seems kind of fancy so I'm not sure yet where I'm going to wear it. But I guess whenever that special occasion arrives I will be prepared :)