Sunday, October 10, 2010

Party Dress

Today we gave a surprise party for my mother-in-law's 50th birthday.  I knew I'd need something special for this occasion and I believe I found just the thing.

I bought this dress last week for $1.25 at my local thrift store.

 


















I liked the color and the shape.  It definitely had potential.  I didn't like the giant shoulder pads and the awkward length.  I find that most dresses are made for taller women.  I am not one of those women.

I removed the shoulder pads and took in the bodice and skirt about 3 inches.  I knew it would be a hot day so the 3/4 sleeves just would not do.
















I went back and forth on the neckline and finally decided to create a v-neck.  I took 5 inches off the bottom as well!

The final product:

Obviously, I was my own photographer.




















It turned out to be a great dress.  It feels a little more grown up than I'm used to, but I guess that's alright since I'll be 28 this week.

Oh, I almost forgot...I think the dress goes well with my new hair, don't you? :)

4 comments: