As promised, I have another baby's room project to share with you.
Almost every piece of furniture in the baby's room was donated to us by our amazing friends. This dresser was a welcomed addition because we needed a dresser before we could be certified as foster/adoptive parents.
It's a nice, sturdy dresser in great condition. My only issue is that I like things to have a bit of pizzaz! I knew immediately that I wanted to paint this guy.
I've actually never painted a large piece of furniture before and it was much more work than I anticipated.
I began by priming the entire unit.
I removed all the knobs and removed the drawers and put primer on everything that would be visible.
Then I painted the whole thing yellow! I started to stress out when I began painting because I could still see the white primer through the paint. Then I remember I can paint another coat. Duh! So after the first coat of paint dried, I started on the second. The entire project took me about 5 hours because, including the primer, I basically had to paint the dresser three times.
But let me tell you friends, it was totally worth the time and effort.
I am in love with this dresser. It's exactly what I wanted.
Rather than using the plain knobs it came with, I added this lovely hardware that I picked up on sale at World Market.
Now that we have our crib and dresser, we just need a baby!
This kid already has cooler bedroom furniture than my husband and I have. In fact, I think this is my favorite room in the house.