Friday, July 27, 2012

More maxi please

Oh friends.  I may be turning over a new fashion leaf.  (Is there such a thing as a "fashion leaf?")

I'm really starting to like this maxi dress business.  When I'm wearing a long dress I feel like some sort of woodland princess.  You know, like I could go out and frolic in the forest with the faeries.  It's kind of magical.

I got this dress a few months ago.  I think I paid $3.

I also think it may have been a night gown. It's totally sheer, which is why the first round of picture I took will not be displayed on this here blog.  I definitely put a slip on once I realized what was happening.

I love the colors and the pretty flowers.  I was drawn to it immediately.

I really hummed and hawed over what to do with this piece.  Eventually I just decided simple is better.  All I did was take in the sides and the sleeves.
I also added a belt, because belts make everything better.


Pretty, right?

Now if only I could find a forest to frolic in...




1 comment:

  1. Very cute! When you said "Now if only I could find a forest to frolic in..." I was thinking of lots of daisies for some strange reason, and we don't even have daisies where I live!

    ReplyDelete