Monday, June 27, 2011

Quick change

I realized I hadn't posted in a while and was feeling something new was in order for the weekend.  So Saturday night I picked out a dress that I knew I could do something with quickly.

I was given this dress sort of as a hand-me-down.  It was pretty just as it was but I've talked to you before long dresses on a short lady.  It just doesn't work out well.  Plus, it's kind of boring and needed a little sumpin' sumpin'.

The first thing I did was cut the skirt in half.  That is actually all I did to the dress.  The fabric won't fray and didn't need hemming so I just cut a straight line across the skirt at the length I wanted.

As I mentioned, thought, it needed a bit more.  So I decided to make a flower I could pin to the dress.  I pulled out the yellow skirt that provided the sleeves for a recent project.  I just love the color!

I cut out a strip of fabric and proceeded to create a flower.


I sewed a brown button in the center of the flower then pinned it to the dress.  It was the perfect dress for a very hot Sunday!

Thanks for stopping by :)




No comments:

Post a Comment