Friday, May 13, 2011

Thrift store shopping!

It's so much more fun than shopping in regular stores.  You never know what exciting treasures you'll find. I went thrift store shopping a couple days ago and I was so pleased with my purchases that I had to share with you.



















I bought a dress, a frame, a purse, and fabric all for less than $10.  Allow me to break it down for you.

This frame is so cool.  I love the bright green, retro color.  I realize it has no backing but there are still so many things I can do with it.  Besides, using frames only for pictures is a thing of the past.  This frame cost me $1.91.



















Next, I'd like to present the fabric.  It's probably about a yard.  It looks kind of like a picnic.  It was just too cute to pass up.  I paid $0.99 for the fabric.















Now, the purse and the dress have me all worked up and excited!  They both remind me of things that are selling for lots and lots of money in stores.  Allow me to give examples of purses and dresses from Athropologie and Urban Outfitters.



  
These are my thrift store versions:
The purse cost $1.91 and is in perfect condition.  The dress was $3.98 and is homemade.  It just needs a little tweaking to fit my body correctly.  Come back soon to check out my refashion of this dress and take a trip to your local thrift store this weekend!


1 comment:

  1. A. That fabric is amazing & I'm super jealous!
    2. I love that dress & I can't wait to see it on you.
    D. I SUPER want to go shopping with you!

    PS: the A,2,D is from Home Alone :)

    ReplyDelete