Saturday, April 30, 2011

Overdue Post - More Tank Top Makeovers

I'm sorry it's been so long!  I know; excuses are like...   well let's just say I have one of each.  Work has been CRAZY busy the last couple of weeks.  I've barely been able to think about blogging let alone sit down to blog.  The good new is that things should be slowing down significantly until August so I should have plenty of time for recreating and whatnot.

On to the good stuff!

Last weekend my sister-in-law had a birthday, which meant I had a project.  I knew immediately what I wanted to do for her.  A couple of months ago she saw the post where I hooked up a tank top with a little bit of lace and made it totally fabulous.  She then asked if I could do awesome things to some tank tops for her.  Well, birthday time is the perfect time to make such requests a reality.

I began with two tank tops I acquired recently using excellent sales and deals.  The first was from Old Navy.  I paid $1.74.















The second was from Charlotte Russe.  I paid $1.89 and got a free pair of earrings with a coupon.



















For the orange tank I decided to create a flower out of gray fabric.  The funny thing about this fabric is that it came from a pair of pajama pants that my sister-in-law gave me at my bridal shower.  It's been over 6 years so the pants were ready for retirement.















I hand stitched two flowers to the tank; one on top of the other.  Then I added a few beads.















The finished product:



















My dress form looks pretty hot wearing it, so I'm sure the tank will look even better when worn by my beautiful sister-in-law.

For the purple tank I had something entirely different in mind.  Last summer I got this dress at a garage sale for $0.25!  I've tried so hard to figure out what to do with it.  You see, it's too small for me so my options are fairly limited.  What you don't see in this picture is that it's not zipped in the back.



















I finally decided to use pieces of the dress for various projects.  For my tank makeover I used the strip of lace from the bodice.  I cut the lace from the dress and pinned it to the front of the tank.















Then, using white thread, I sewed the piece along the sides.  It was really quick and simple and ended up SO cute.                                                



















Once again, my dress form is lookin' fine.

Thanks for sticking around everybody!  I look forward to the coming months and keeping things exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment