Monday, December 20, 2010

Sweater to scarf

This item was inspired by this blog.  She does some really amazing stuff and I'm kind of obsessed with her blog.  I saw a tutorial of hers not long ago and decided I wanted to give it a shot.

It began with this red, sweater-vest.















I used the back and cut out as much square area as possible.



















Then I cut the piece in half, lengthwise.
Rambo is such a good helper
















Then I sewed the two pieces together, leaving one end open.  I inverted the newly sewn scarf so the seams were on the inside.  Then I added two buttons to connect the ends.  No button holes necessary because it's big enough to slide over my head.



















This was so easy and so cute that I want to make about 1,000 more!

1 comment:

  1. So, did you make 1,000 more?
    It is REALLY cute, I have seen it in person.

    ReplyDelete