Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Times they are a changin'

Sorry it's been so long.  I can assure you its not because I stopped making things.  Actually I've been really busy making things.  Most of them just weren't clothing recreations so I thought they we're suitable for this blog.  Now it's come to the point that I have so much that I want to share with you all that I don't care that they aren't "recreations."  In fact, I've decided I'm going to make some changes to the content of this blog.  In the last month or so I've been inspired to do all kinds of things; make jewelry, pillows, home decor, etc.  From now on I'll be sharing all of it with you.  I'll still be doing clothing makeovers, but I'll also include lots more fun stuff.

Here are some of the things I've been working on:
(click on the picture to enlarge and please forgive me for the mess of pictures here.  I just cannot figure out how to organize them on the page and I don't care to spend any more time trying.  I could use this time for making jewelry, for goodness sake!  Also, I hope the cuteness of these pieces comes across in the pictures.  They are all seriously cute in person.)

dangle pinwheel earrings
black rosette hair clip
recycled pants necklace
ribbon and pearl flower earrings

purple ribbon and pearl earrings

"rough around the edges" flower earrings


pinwheel post earrings
recycled pants and t-shirt rosette necklace

doily medallion necklace
the original doily necklace
black lace necklace

beads and bow necklace


infinity scarf
same infinity scarf


I must say that many of these things are inspired by Anthropologie.  Not just the design, but the price if their jewelry inspired me to make the same designs at home for much, much less.  One example is the necklace with the ribbon and wooden beads.  Anthropolgie has a similar necklace on their website for about $50.  It's totally adorable, but I made mine for about $2 :)

I know what your next questions is..."will you be selling these things???"  You bet your cute butt I will be!  I just opened at Etsy store (I haven't posted anything yet) and I'm working on some other things to get the word out.  Actually if you're interested, everything here is for sale expect the first three items and the scarf.  Ask me about prices.  Compared to Anthropolie, everything is quite affordable.

2 comments:

  1. And...I may have some interested buyers...send me your Etsy site as soon as you get it up and running!!!

    ReplyDelete