Saturday, March 31, 2012

Natural Things

Over the last couple of months I put a lot of thought and effort into living a more natural lifestyle.  I have lots and lots of reasons, not the least of which is that I want to be as healthy as possible.  In addition to fashion and home decor, I'll be posting some of the wonderful things I've done lately to make those changes.  I've made my own laundry detergent and dishwasher detergent.  I've "washed" my hair with baking soda and conditioned with apple cider vinegar.  I've made my own granola bars and other yummy, natural snacks.  I've gone almost full hippy, it seems!  I'm definitely still shaving my armpits though and you won't catch me smelling like patchouli any time soon.

Today I'd like to share with you this fabulous, natural body scrub I made last week.  
I found the recipe through Pinterest, which lead me to this blog. I'm using her picture here because mine is in my shower and is almost gone :).

Using 1 cup of sugar, 1/4 cup of olive oil, 2 tsp. of lemon zest, and 1 tsp. of honey, I mixed it all together in a bowl and put the mixture in a jar.  Then I apply it gently to my skin during my shower and rinse it off.  This body scrub has lasted me about 1 week, so far, and still has about 2 showers left.

I'm not kidding, this is the softest my skin has ever been.  This may sound silly but I feel more beautiful.  I feel like I'm glowing after a shower!  Forget all that expensive beauty store nonsense.  This stuff is legit and I'm sure it's better for your skin. It also smells fantastic!

More to come soon.

1 comment:

  1. My mum taught me how to use olive oil and sugar. I'll give this variation a try! Thanks. Agy

    ReplyDelete