Saturday, January 14, 2012

Take that, J. Crew!

If you know me, you know I'm frugal to a fault.  Most things I will not consider purchasing if they're not on sale.  Even if they are on sale, I need to feel like I'm getting an excellent deal.  Unless it's something I absolutely need, of course.

This sweater from J. Crew is not something I need.

I especially don't need it for the $88 they're asking for it.  It's sold out, anyhow.

This is one of those things that I saw and immediately thought, "I could make that!"  So that's exactly what I did.  For $1.25, I made my version of this sweater.

I started with this sweater.

I bought it at a thrift store for $1.25.  

Then I used one of my husband's old t-shirts to cut out a heart.


I pinned the heart to the front of the sweater and sewed around the edges.  The whole process took about 15 minutes.



That was it!  Once again, really simple and totally worth the effort.  

You should try!





1 comment: