Saturday, October 8, 2011

Blog stuff

Wow.  I did not expect my break to last an entire month.  Let me tell you though; it was really good.  The truth is, my friends, the last 3 months have been exceptionally difficult.  I don't think this is the venue for me to spill my guts about the details but I'd like to be honest with you all.  It's been really tough and I needed the time to have one less thing to think about.  I needed to clear my head and take some time to breathe.
During my break from the blog, I've had a slight change of heart about my goal in blogging.  I remembered that this all started out because I'd found something that I enjoyed so much that I just had to share it.  It wasn't about money or recognition or advertisements.  Those things are nice, but my quest for those things got in the way of my joy.
The bottom line is I have a lot to share on a fairly regular basis.  There's certainly more to me than refashioning clothes.  Once again, I don't believe this is the right place for ME to get too personal, but I'd like to share more of the things I'm excited about.  I'll give you some examples:

A couple months ago I found about three yards of vintage fabric at a thrift store.  The fabric was silk, hand painted in Thailand, and I bought it for $3.00!  I didn't know what to do with it at first, but a couple of weeks ago I finally figured it out; I made a valance for my living room.  It brought so much life to my dull, brown living room!  But, I didn't share it on my blog because it's primarily a "fashion blog."

I am a girl who loves a bargain...and even more, I love to tell people about my bargains.  A few weeks ago I printed a coupon from the Target website for $5.00 off any Mossimo clothing item.  I went to Target and browsed the clearance section and found a pair of black, cropped pants that fit me perfectly.  The pants were priced at $6.24 but with my $5.00 discount I got the pants for $1.24.  How amazing is that???



I still love fashion and recreating clothes but there are other things I like to share and I think people will enjoy so from now on I'm just going to blog about things I like, things I care about, and things that inspire me.  I hope you will join me!

4 comments:

  1. Good for you!! I can't wait to hear about all the fun things you like and bargains you find!! You have a good voice!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay so glad you're back. Remember this is your blog and you can take it in any direction. You can recreate furnishings, recipes, yourself. Recreation Station can mean more than just refashioning.
    I want to see your curtains and hear about your findings and your different musings. Share away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are back! I NEED to see that valance! LOL

    -Dessy

    ReplyDelete