Sunday, August 7, 2011

Quickie

I didn't take any pictures of the process on this one because I was in a bit of a hurry.  I was meeting my sisters-in-law for dinner and the farmer's market and decided last minutes that I wanted something "new" to wear.  
Earlier in the day I was cruising A Beautiful Mess, my current blog obsession, and came across this picture:

Both skirts are totally adorable.  The one on the left reminded me of a dress that had been sitting in my closet for about a year, waiting to be refashioned.

In about 30 minutes I cut the dress in half, created a casing and inserted elastic for the waist, cut the straps off and sewed them to the front of the skirt, and added three buttons.  Then I was set to go!


Pretty close to the picture, right?  I think this is my new favorite skirt.  I wore it Thursday with a white t-shirt and again today with a black tank top.

This is too much fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment