Monday, August 29, 2011

A little bit country, a little bit rock and roll

Donnie and Marie just might be the most obnoxious singing duo I've ever heard/seen, but they provided an excellent description of today's recreation.

I only have before and after pictures of this one.  Nothing of the process.  Mostly because there wasn't much to show.  So here's how it started.

I got it at the Salvation Army Thrift Store for $3.00.  It's actually home made.  I'm really not sure what this person was going for.  It had a muu muu-esque quality to it with some interesting additions.  Each side had an almost inappropriately high slit, yet the sleeves were full length and the collar reminded me a bit of something fit for an Elvira costume.

After some sleeve removal, length removal, and width adjustment I had a whole new dress.

   
Speaking of awful music; as I'm looking at this picture, I can almost imagine it with Doc Martens being worn to a Gin Blossoms concert in 1993.  I would not have been the one attending the concert, however, since I just in middle school.  And anyhow, if it was up to me I would have preferred Alice in Chains or Nirvana.

I digress!  I love this dress.  I've worn it twice now with two different styles of boots.  It's perfect for the scorching weather we've been having and it's just darn pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment