Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Pants

Since the beginning of time...

Okay, maybe not the beginning of time.  Since I was a little girl, hemming my pants has been a necessity.  My mom taught me early on how to hem my own pants.  I'm totally confident in my hemming abilities.  However, anything else related to pants has always seemed far too advanced for me to even attempt...until now!

I saw this blog post and decided to give it a try.

I began with these pants:
Oompa Loompa





















They began as wide-leg, high-waisted trousers.  It turns out, these are not the best style for my body type or my height.  Something had to be done.
I started by using a pair of jeans that fit well.  I pinned the trousers just outside of the jeans.

Then I sewed along the line created by the pins and cut off the excess.  Finally, I hemmed the bottom.

And these are the results:


I'm standing on my toes, pretending I'm wearing heels:)  I'm really happy with how these turned out.  I look much less like an Oompa Loompa.




1 comment:

  1. Very cute, Steph! Can you do this to any pair of slacks that are too big? I've got some pairs that make me look like I'm homeless because they're so baggy...maybe you could fix that? :)

    ReplyDelete