Friday, September 17, 2010

Oops...I did it again

I got this dress last weekend at a thrift store for $2.50.  A little pricey for me but it was totally worth it. Just wait.
This is the original dress.

Notice my adorable dog in the background.
















I imagine the original owner wearing it with white heels and a banana clip.  It caught my eye because the colors are really pretty and it has fun, little buttons on the shoulders.  It even came with a belt.  I'm so impressed that the belt stayed with the dress for all these years.
















To start, I removed the shoulder pads.  Then I took in the sides a bit.  I also took a little length off the sleeves.  This dress was screaming "mini" so my final touch was taking a foot off the skirt.

My dog finds his way into pictures as much as possible.  See his tail?
















I put my new dress on with an old belt, some leggings, and boots, and I was totally pleased with the result!



















I'm pretty sure people pay a lot of money for stuff like this at Nordstrom and other such stores.  I paid $2.50 and less than 2 hours of my time.  Yay!

1 comment:

  1. So cute! Love the colors! My dog does the same thing; he's always finding a way to get into some of my photos. Haha!

    ReplyDelete