Saturday, September 3, 2011

More quick ones

I've been pretty busy lately with non-sewing related projects so I haven't had a ton of time to work on clothes.  I've been doing a lot of quick changes, rather than complete overhauls.  Allow me to share a couple of my recent 30 minutes clothing adjustments.

First up is this hot pink tunic.

I got it at a garage sale for $1.00.  I've worn it a couple times as it is, but I'm really not into this color with  this style of top.  There's just something about it that I don't like.  I thought it would look better if it was a lighter pink so I decided to bleach it.

I put the tunic in the sink with warm water and some household bleach.  I let it sit for about 10 minutes before I rinsed it out.  Then I ran it through the rinse cycle in the washing machine, just to be sure it was totally rinsed.

I also cut off those silly strings that were meant to tie in the back.  I think the length is a little awkward, so instead of wearing it as a tunic, I paired it with a high-waisted skirt and wore the light pink tunic as a blouse.

I think the color came out perfect.  In my opinion, the pale pink looks much better with the white lace.

I also adjusted another skirt last week.  I told you a few weeks ago that I'm obsessed with skirts right now.  Well, I wasn't joking.  I've probably done about 10 skirts in the last 2 months.  Plus, there are at least five more in my closet waiting to be made adorable so I can wear them.

This skirt came from a thrift store.  I think I paid $1.25 for it.  It started out quite large for me.

Look at how pretty the colors and the print are.


I just did the usual; took in the waist and took up the length.  I wore it with this pretty top I got at a thrift store recently.  I wish the picture was better so you could see how cute this top is.

What's most fun about this outfit is that the top and the skirt were both originally home made.  I love finding home made things at thrift stores and garage sales!





No comments:

Post a Comment