Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Pretty skirt & bad face day

I picked up this skirt for $1.25 over the summer at a thrift store.  The color is BEAUTIFUL!  Pleated skirts are totally in this Fall too, so there was no question that I needed to buy it.

As you can see, it was a little big on me.  The waist was too large and it was too long for my short legs.  Being that this is a pleated skirt, I knew a simple hem would not do the trick.  I'm sure there's a way to hem pleated skirts, but I'm not familiar with that magical method.  So I had to come up with another solution; I cut off the top.

Everything beyond that point was fairly basic.  I created a new casing for the elastic, made the elastic a bit shorter, and ran it through the casing.

If this concept is new to you, notice that I placed a safety pin at the end.  This helps to have something substantial to hold on to when you're running elastic through casing.  This works for ribbon and chords as well.

In the end I had a pretty, teal skirt.


This is where we talk about my face.  You see, it was early in the morning and I was in a hurry to get these pictures done, so I wasn't wearing any make-up yet.  But it seems nobody told my face it was time to wake-up.
Either way, I did eventually put make-up on, my face woke up, and I had a great day in my cute outfit.




No comments:

Post a Comment